Monterey Park Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
With the average person spending 90,000 hours working in their lifetime, every employee deserves to feel safe walking into work each day. While no one expects to be injured at work, accidents tend to occur when we least expect them. With so much on the line, like your current position and your future career, suffering a work-related injury is incredibly stressful. Adding to the stress, filing for workers’ compensation benefits can be confusing as you seek compensation to help keep you on your feet amidst your recovery process.
When it comes time to file for workers’ compensation, consider contacting our experienced Monterey Park workers’ compensation lawyers at KCNS Law Group, LLP. With over 40 years of combined experience helping victims build their workers’ compensation claims, we are dedicated to advocating for our clients’ rights. We aim to provide our clients with the knowledge needed to understand California’s workers’ compensation laws as we work together to build a strong claim.
Common Monterey Park Workplace Accidents
Going into work each day, most people assume they are safe, but accidents may happen in the most unexpected places. Whether you work on a construction site or in an office space, there may be a possibility that you could get hurt on the job. Some common Monterey Park workplace accidents are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: People who drive for their jobs, like truck or delivery drivers, may be exposed to negligence and find themselves injured after an accident. Whether that negligence is on behalf of a malfunctioning company vehicle or another driver on the road, you may want to seek compensation to help cover any costs incurred due to your damages.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Many different factors can cause a slip and fall accident. Whether it is a slippery entrance due to rainy weather outside or a wet floor without proper signage, a slip and fall can be serious.
- Fall from a High Place: For workers that are often up high, like construction workers or contractors, a fall from a high place can be treacherous.
- Electrocution: When working around exposed wires or cords, workers risk getting electrocuted, which can lead to severe injury or death.
- Overexertion: If you have to carry large objects at work, be sure to be honest about what is too much for you and your physical ability. If you push yourself too hard, you may end up injured.
While these are just a few common causes of workplace accidents, an injury may be caused by virtually anything. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, consider contacting our experienced Monterey Park legal team to help build your workers’ compensation claim.
What Injuries Are Caused by Workplace Accidents?
After an accident occurs, you can only hope that you will walk away unscathed. If that is not the case, you should be compensated as you heal from your injuries. Some common injuries you may suffer as a result of a workplace accident are:
- Cuts or bruises
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Spinal injuries or paralysis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Internal bleeding
Whether your injuries are minor or more severe, our seasoned team of workers’ compensation lawyers in Monterey Park is equipped with the knowledge and experience to help you through the process of building your claim.
What Is California’s Workers Compensation Law?
Whether you have suffered specific injuries, a disease, or a debilitating condition, your employer is required by California law to pay for workers’ compensation insurance for all their employees. When considering whether or not you should hire a lawyer to help with your claim, keep in mind that your employer and their insurance company will have representation, so you owe it to yourself to be appropriately represented as well.
What Benefits Are Available to Collect?
Following your accident, you may be entitled to receiving certain workers’ compensation benefits as you heal from your injuries.
- Medical: You may have medical costs and ongoing rehabilitative care to pay for following an injury. Any time you are injured at work, you may be entitled to medical benefits on behalf of your employer.
- Temporary or Permanent Disability: Temporary disability will provide you with two-thirds of your normal compensation if your injury causes you to miss more than three days of work or requires hospitalization. Permanent disability may be awarded to you if your injury has caused permanent impairment.
Our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys may be able to go over a complete list of benefits to decipher what you are entitled to on behalf of your employer and their insurance provider.
Monterey Park Workers Compensation Lawyers Are Here to Help
Getting injured at work can be stressful as employees wonder what the future will hold for their career and the recovery process for their injuries. While the workers’ compensation application process may seem harrowing, partnering with our seasoned legal team may help relieve some stress as we help you build a solid claim.
KCNS Law Group, LLP is an experienced team of California workers’ comp attorneys with extensive experience helping injury victims build their workers’ compensation claims. With over 40 years of combined experience providing clients with the dedicated representation they deserve, we strive to provide every client with top-of-the-line care. For a free consultation, contact us here or call (877) 513-9007.
Speak to a Qualified Attorney Today!
Understand Your Rights Today
Call Us Now (818) 937-9255
For A Free Consultation