California Healthcare Workers’ Compensation
As institutions of medicine, many Californians may think hospitals are among the safest workplaces in the state. However, the duties of nurses, doctors, and other healthcare professionals put them at risk for injury daily. Health care workers are violent patients, harmful chemicals, and transmissible viruses. Their duties, such as lifting patients, can also make them more prone to back injuries. Victims of healthcare workplace accidents have a right to file a workers’ compensation claim to recover compensation for their losses.
At KCNS Law Group, our seasoned workers’ compensation lawyers have the expertise to guide you through the legal process and negotiate with insurance companies. Our attorneys have decades of experience advocating for clients in California to ensure they get the benefits they need and deserve. When you partner with us, you can rest assured that your case is in caring and experienced hands.
Common Healthcare Workers’ Compensation Accidents in California
Healthcare professionals in California work essential jobs that are demanding and often dangerous. Some common healthcare accidents in California that qualify for workers’ compensation benefits include:
- Overexertion Injuries: Long hours and repetitive stress put healthcare workers at a high risk of developing certain bone and muscle injuries.
- Patient Lifting Injuries: Healthcare professionals like nurses often have to lift patients to transfer them to another location or care for wounds.
- Needle-Related Injuries: Healthcare workers are often exposed to sharp objects like needles and scalpels, which could cause cuts and lacerations.
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries: Like any workplace, hospitals could have unmarked slippery floors that could lead to falls and severe injuries.
- Injuries from Violence: Healthcare professionals work with a high volume of patients daily. This puts them at a higher risk of experiencing violence from patients or their friends and family members.
Additionally, many healthcare facilities like hospitals and nursing homes are understaffed. When a facility is understaffed, healthcare workers often do not get the support they need for two-person jobs, such as lifting and transferring a patient, leading to stress on the body and severe injuries.
What Benefits Could You Be Eligible to Collect Through a California Workers’ Compensation Claim?
If you are a victim of a healthcare workers’ compensation accident in California, you may be eligible to collect benefits to compensate you for your losses. Depending on the nature of the accident and the effect it has had on your life, you may be eligible to collect the following:
- Benefits to cover current and future medical costs
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
- Death benefits
An experienced California workers’ compensation lawyer can review your case and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive the benefits you need to cover the losses caused by your injury.
How Can an Attorney Help Me with My Healthcare Workers’ Compensation Claim in California?
To ensure you receive fair compensation for your healthcare accident injury, it is in your best interests to partner with a skilled workers’ compensation lawyer. The claims process can be challenging and complex, and insurance companies may try to deny or devalue your claim. Having an attorney on your side can help the success of your claim by:
- Reviewing all details of your case
- Filing your claim timely and accurately
- Negotiating on your behalf and resolving any disputes regarding your eligibility for benefits
- Collecting strong evidence to support your claim
- Advocating for your rights during any and all legal proceedings
At KCNS Law Group, our lawyers are committed to answering all of your questions and handling your case with both care and legal expertise so that you can focus on your healing and recovery.
Consult with an Experienced Healthcare Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you have been injured in the line of your healthcare duties, you deserve to be compensated for the losses you have suffered. The skilled attorneys at KCNS Law Group have decades of combined experience and know the ins and outs of workers’ compensation laws in California. Our lawyers have dedicated their careers to protecting workers’ rights in California and will use their expertise to build you the most substantial claim possible. We understand the stress and pain a workplace accident can cause and are committed to making the claims process as stress-free as possible for every client. To learn more and schedule a free consultation with a member of our skilled legal team, call us today at (818) 937-9255 or reach out through our contact form.
Speak to a Qualified Attorney Today!
Understand Your Rights Today
Call Us Now (818) 937-9255
For A Free Consultation