Alhambra Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
You should feel safe carrying out your daily tasks and duties each day you go to work. With the average American spending about one-third of their life at work, your place of employment should be where you feel comfortable and happy. Unfortunately, the workplace is often the setting for many accidents that injure employees. Accidents may occur when we least expect them to, but if you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident at work, you may be considering filing a worker’s compensation claim. Workers’ compensation may be able to provide you with the benefits needed to get your life back on track after suffering damages that may have been caused by your accident.
KCNS Law Group, LLP is a team of award-winning workers’ compensation attorneys in Alhambra equipped with the experience to help build your claim. Understanding the process of filing a lawsuit in Alhambra, California, may be confusing for most, but our seasoned attorneys have over 40 years of combined experience navigating California’s worker’s compensation laws. Our legal team is dedicated to providing our clients with strategic representation tailored to their needs.
How Does California Law View Worker’s Compensation?
Like many other states, California adopted workers’ compensation laws as far back as the early 1910s. In California, workers’ compensation falls under a no-fault law meaning that the injury, illness, or debilitating condition does not need to be someone else’s fault for the employee to receive benefits for the damages they may have suffered. It is required that California employers keep workers’ compensation insurance if an employee is injured on the job.
What Benefits Are Available for a Workers Compensation Claim?
After being injured on the job, you will likely experience financial damages in addition to your injuries. Workers’ compensation benefits may be able to help you receive compensation for the damages you have suffered.
- Medical: After being injured in a work-related accident, you may acquire extensive medical bills and costs relating to your injury. Some examples include surgery costs, ongoing rehabilitation, and hospital stays.
- Temporary disability: If an employee is injured and has to miss more than three days of work or requires hospitalization, they may be eligible to receive temporary disability benefits.
- Permanent disability: When an injury, illness, or debilitating condition causes an employee to become permanently disabled, they may receive permanent disability benefits.
To help you understand what workers’ compensation benefits you may be eligible for, our experienced Alhambra workers’ comp attorneys may be able to help you by going over the details of your case.
Common Causes of Work Accidents
Many different factors may cause work-related accidents. In Alhambra, common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: For employees that drive for part of their job, motor vehicle accidents can leave employees injured or debilitated. A motor vehicle accident may involve a car, SUV, truck, motorcycle, or commercial vehicle.
- A fall from a high place: For employees that have to go high up, like contractors or construction workers, a fall from a high place can seriously injure them.
- A slip and fall: Whether caused by a slippery staircase or a wet floor, a slip and fall may cause an employee to suffer injuries.
- Electrocution: If an employee’s job requires them to be around exposed cords or wires, they may risk electrocution, which may seriously injure or kill them.
- Overexertion: When employees push or carry objects too heavy for their strength, they may become overexerted.
Whether your accident occurs on a construction site, on the Alhambra roads, or in an office building, you deserve benefits for your injury.
Common Workplace Injuries in Alhambra
Injuries suffered after an accident at work may range from minor to severe. No matter the severity of the injury, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits if it prevents you from doing your job. Some common workplace injuries include:
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Lost limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
While you may be concerned about the future of your career as you file for workers’ compensation benefits, remember it is your right to seek compensation for the damages you may have suffered.
Contact an Alhambra Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today
Suffering from an injury while at work can be a stressful situation for an employee. Following the accident, you may worry about the future of your career as you try to heal from your injuries. If you want to file a workers’ compensation claim to get benefits for the damages you may have suffered, contacting an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer may be helpful.
KCNS Law Group, LLP is a team of Alhambra lawyers who have helped many work-related injury victims build their worker’s compensation claims. With over 40 years of combined experience, we proudly offer our clients the dedicated representation they deserve. For a free consultation, contact us here or call (818) 937-9255.
Speak to a Qualified Attorney Today!
Understand Your Rights Today
Call Us Now (818) 937-9255
For A Free Consultation